The Turks Head occupies a prominent trading position on the main road running through the town of Rothbury, Northumberland. The premises benefit from ample on-street parking and are surrounded by a variety of complementary shops and businesses. The pub is situated on High Street in the centre of the town and is close to the local amenities. The town is very popular with tourists and walkers as it lies on the river Coquet and is close to the Simonside Hills and Northumberland National Park. The business boasts easy access to A697 and the A1, which leads to Edinburgh and Newcastle upon Tyne, which is approximately 26 miles away.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this popular public house and restaurant, which has been in our client’s careful hands since 2004. The pub is only now offered to the market due to our client’s wish to relocate. The business trades 7 days a week generating a turnover in the region of £180,000 per annum and has a wet/dry split of 65/35. The pub offers a wide variety of beer and ales, along with serving a traditional pub menu on Fridays and Saturdays. We feel the turnover could be increased by extending the opening hours of the restaurant. There is also the opportunity to establish pool and darts teams. The business benefits from a loyal customer base and enjoys a high amount of passing trade from the cattle market. The premises boast a spacious bar with 10 points of dispense, large restaurant, pool and darts area, commercial kitchen and a beer garden to the rear. There is an owner’s appartment to the 1st floor comprising lounge, double bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, along with 2 x double letting rooms, with en-suite facilities, which are currently not being let. This is an ideal opportunity to acquire an already popular public house and restaurant with scope for future development. Early negotiations with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £180,000 per annum
Mon – Sun: 12:00pm to 11:00pm
Substantial mid-parade public house premises with restaurant facilities and large beer garden. Briefly comprising:
• Large cellar situated under the bar with new air conditioning unit
• Bar area with large square bar with 10 points of dispense, optics display, drinks chiller and seating to perimeter
• Pool and darts area with door to beer garden
• Large restaurant with feature fireplace and tables and chairs for up to 30 covers
• Commercial kitchen with 6-burner stove, grill, 2 x microwave ovens, 2 x fryers, ice cream machine, 2 x refrigerators and freezer
• Self-contained owner’s accommodation comprising large lounge, fitted kitchen, double bedroom and bathroom with shower over bath, wash hand basin and WC
• 2 x double letting bedrooms with en-suite facilities comprising shower, wash hand basin and WC
• Spacious carpeted loft area accessed via fixed staircase, currently used for storage
• Paved area for seating to the front
• Large beer garden with children’s play area to rear
Original length: 6 years
Remaining: 6 years
Review: every 3 years
Rent: £13,000 per annum
To view this business please contact Rod Burney at Preferred Commercial or a member of the sales team on Tel:08448 711484 and quote Ref:2494 at an asking price of £51,500 Leasehold.