Click here to view this business for sale
The Feathers Inn occupies substantial detached 2-storey corner premises, ideally located in the village of Brockton, Shropshire. The premises benefit from ample private parking and are situated on the main road in the village. There is a school directly across the road and numerous residential properties in the area, from which the business draws much trade. The premises boast a prominent and sought after trading position, close to the village’s bus stops. Brockton is an affluent village, which is popular with commuters and is surrounded by picturesque countryside. The premises are easily accessed via the A-road network, including the A458. Bridgnorth lies 7 miles to the east, while Shrewsbury is approximately 17 miles away.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this public house and restaurant, which was established in the 16th century and which has been in our clients’ careful hands since 2004. The pub is only now being offered to the market due to our clients’ wish to relocate. The business trades 6 days a week and generates a turnover in the region of £260,000 per annum with a gross profit of 65% and a wet/dry split of 30/70. Our clients offer real ales, fine wines and spirits, along with traditional pub food and a takeaway service. There is also a selection of interior goods offered. We feel the turnover could be further increased by extending the opening hours and trading 7 days a week. There is also scope to embark on a modest marketing campaign to promote the pub further. The pub is at the heart of the community and hosts numerous clubs. The business has a loyal customer base, enjoying high levels of repeat trade and boasting excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. The pub has previously run successful ‘Group-on’ and ‘What’s What’ campaigns. There is a website in place advertising the business and services provided. The property boasts a spacious lounge, bar and restaurant areas, which are well-equipped to suit the trade. There is also recently refurbished 4-bedroom owners’ accommodation with lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Early negotiation with Preferred Commercial must come highly recommended.
T/O: £260,000 approx.
Tues: 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Weds – Sun: 12:00pm to 2:00pm and 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Substantial detached 2-storey pub and restaurant premises with 4-bedroom owners’ accommodation. Briefly comprising:
• Lounge area with tables and chairs for up to 14 covers, bespoke wooden furniture, wood burning stove and bar servery
• Bar area with tables and chairs for up to 26 covers and dining booths
• The Stable with tables and chairs for up to 8 covers
• Restaurant with tables and chairs for up to 14 covers and open fireplace
• Commercial kitchen with oven, 2 x fridge-freezers, 6-burner gas hob and oven, fryer, chest freezer, washing machine, coffee machine and dishwasher
• Conservatory with retail area for bespoke furniture and accessories
• Ladies and gents WCs with wash hand basins
• Double bedroom
• Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom with Claw Foot Bath and original wooden vanity unit
• Double bedroom
• Kitchen/dining area
• Second bathroom
• Double bedroom
• Paved area with tables and chairs for up to 20 covers
• Side garden
• Customer parking area for up to 25 vehicles
To view this business please contact Lisa Mirrelson at Preferred Commercial or a member of the sales team on Tel:08448 711484 and quote Ref:3860 at an asking price of £599,995 Freehold.